A. General Guidelines
1. Residents are expected to download the DIS Navigate app and activate their account, in order to receive important communications from DIS.
2. Residents may not store weapons, fireworks, explosives or other objects that may cause personal harm.
3. The use of candles (unless they are electric) is not permitted in your apartment or in common rooms. Incense burning is not allowed either.
4. Smoking (including e-cigarettes and water pipes) is not allowed indoors. Smoking must take place a minimum of 5 meters from the entrances to the building.
5. Illegal substances are not allowed on the property. If a tenant is found to possess, consume or sell illegal substances on-site, immediate police action and expulsion from the property will ensue.
6. In case of missing items, including lost keys, or damages incurred in your apartment, common areas, stairwells/elevator or outdoor space, please contact DIS Facilities at fixit.disabroad.org.
7. In case of emergency facilities problems (cracked water pipes, no power in the whole building, etc.), contact Securitas day or night at +46 10-470 55 10. Please note that lost keys are not considered an emergency.
8. Residents may only let their own guests into the building.
9. Residents are responsible for the behavior of their guests, financially and otherwise.
10. Animals are not allowed on the property.
B. The Floor and Common Areas
1. In order to maintain clean and comfortable common areas for all, residents must clean up after themselves within a reasonable time frame whenever they have used the common rooms/kitchens or laundry room.
2. If property is damaged, and a single person can be held accountable, they will be held financially liable for any repairs needed. If this is not the case, residents will be jointly held liable for the damage, unless a resident can document their own absence during the event in which the damage occurred.
3. Hallways and all stairwells act as fire passages and must not be used for waste or storage of items. There must be free passage in all areas at all times.
4. Bikes belong in the appropriate bike racks located in the outdoor areas or in the bike storage on the first floor. It is forbidden to keep bicycles in the stairwells, corridors, or common area on each floor.
5. DIS provides cleaning supplies in the common room bathrooms. You may take these supplies to your room to clean, but you must immediately return them after you are done cleaning, so that they are available for other residents. Additionally, do not take more than two rolls of toilet paper from the common room to the apartment at one time.
C. Standards of Conduct
1. The use of musical instruments, stereos/speakers, TVs and other devices that make noise must at no time bother other residents in and around the property. Quiet hours (periods where noise levels must be completely subdued) are during the following hours:
- Sunday-Thursday from 22:00 to 8:00.
- Friday-Saturday from 23:00 to 8:00.
2. Residents are encouraged to notify fellow residents about social gatherings (for example, posting in the DIS Navigate app to let students know the hours of the gathering and how a resident can contact you if there is a noise complaint).
3. Keep the outdoor areas clean. Do not throw anything on the ground outside.
4. Trash must be disposed of properly:
- Trash bins in the common rooms may only be used for food/waste from activities held in the common room. Liquids must be poured down the sink drain, and not thrown away in the trash bins. Glass bottles/containers may not be thrown in the trash bins under any circumstances.
- Use the pant container for all plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
- Do not throw away glass in the kitchen trash bins. It is the responsibility of each resident to recycle any glass they use by recycling it themselves.
- Please dispose of any larger trash items yourself, such as large cardboard boxes, using the trash/recycling bins outside the building.
- Trash/recycling from your apartment must be disposed of in the dumpsters/recycling bins outside the building. Residents may not throw their trash/recycling from their apartments into the common room trash bins.
1. These house rules have been developed by DIS.
2. Complaints about the violation of any house rules can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. DIS will, if possible, consult the parties involved and then decide what appropriate actions should take place.
3. Violation of these house rules may result in the termination of a rental agreement.
4. DIS employees have the right to issue consequences for violations of any house rules and their instructions must be followed.