A. General Guidelines
1. Residents are expected to download the DIS Navigate app and activate their account, in order to receive important communications from DIS.
2. Residents may not store weapons, fireworks, explosives or other objects that may cause personal harm.
3. The use of candles (unless they are electric) is not permitted in your apartment or in common rooms.
4. Smoking (including e-cigarettes and water pipes) is strictly prohibited both indoors and in all outdoor areas within the Högalidsgatan gates, including the gardens, patios, and balconies. Incense burning is not allowed either anywhere on the Högalidsgatan property (indoors or outdoors).
5. Illegal substances are not allowed on the property. If a tenant is found to possess, consume or sell illegal substances on-site, immediate police action and expulsion from the property will ensue.
6. In case of missing items, including lost keys, or damages incurred in your apartment, common areas, stairwell/elevator or outdoor space, please contact DIS Facilities at fixit.disabroad.org.
7. In case of emergency facilities problems (a water pipe leak, no power in the whole building, etc.), contact Jour Montör day or night at +46 8 657 77 00. Please note that lost keys is not considered an emergency.
8. Residents may only let their own guests into the building.
9. Residents are responsible for the behavior of their guests, financially and otherwise.
B. The Floor and Common Areas
1. Use of the stove and oven in the common room is prohibited. While you may eat in the common room, you may only cook in the kitchens in the apartments.
2. In order to maintain clean and comfortable common areas for all, residents must clean up after themselves within a reasonable time frame whenever they have used the common room or laundry rooms.
3. If property is damaged, and a single person can be held accountable, they will be held financially liable for any repairs needed. If this is not the case, residents will be jointly held liable for the damage, unless a resident can document their own absence during the event in which the damage occurred.
4. Hallways and all stairwells act as fire passages and must not be used for waste or storage of items. There must be free passage in all areas at all times.
5. DIS provides cleaning supplies outside the 3rd floor laundry room. You may take these supplies to your room to clean, but you must immediately return them after you are done. Additionally, do not take more than two rolls of toilet paper and one roll of paper towels at once.
C. Standards of Conduct
1. Noise from musical instruments, stereos/speakers, TVs, etc. must at no time bother other residents in and around the property. No music is allowed outside. Quiet hours (periods where noise levels must be completely subdued) are during the following hours:
- Sunday-Thursday from 22:00 to 8:00.
- Friday-Saturday from 23:00 to 8:00.
2. Residents are encouraged to notify fellow residents about social gatherings (i.e., posting in the DIS Navigate app to let students know the hours of the gathering and how a resident can contact you if there is a noise complaint).
3. Keep the outdoor areas clean. Do not throw anything on the ground outside.
4. Trash must be disposed of correctly:
- Trash from your apartment must be disposed of in the dumpster outside the building. Recycling from your apartment should be taken to the recycling bins on Varvsgatan. Residents may not throw their trash/recycling from their apartments into the common room trash bins.
- Trash bins in the common room may only be used for food/related waste if you were eating in the common room (but remember that it is prohibited to cook in the common room). Liquids must be poured down the sink drain, and not thrown away in the trash bins. Glass bottles/containers may not be thrown in the trash bins under any circumstances and you must recycle them yourself.
- Larger trash/recycling: Please dispose of any larger items, like cardboard boxes, yourself at the dumpster/recycling bins as appropriate.
1. These house rules have been developed by DIS.
2. Complaints about the violation of any house rules can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. DIS will, if possible, consult the parties and then decide what appropriate actions should take place.
3. Violation of these house rules may result in the termination of a rental agreement.
4. DIS employees have the right to issue consequences for violations of any house rules and their instructions must be followed.